Qualitative Consumer Research Job Opportunities
The ideal candidate is a charismatic conceptual thinker and experienced marketing strategist. An enthusiastic people-person, he or she is creative, confident and comfortable in fast-paced, dynamic settings. The Strategist is extroverted and open – the kind of person who can engage, enliven and positively impact others. He or she is warm, empathetic and able to connect with people quickly.
An excellent writer and story teller, he or she is able to express complex ideas in clear, compelling narratives. He or she is a strong presenter and comfortable in front of a room full of people.
A self-directed hard-worker, the ideal Strategist is comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously. He or she is focused and detail-oriented.
He or she is a collaborator and team-player who can both listen to client needs and lead them to the right insight and strategy. While experienced, the ideal candidate is naturally curious and maintains a willingness to learn and grow. He or she has the ability to apply varied knowledge and experiences to the work.
- The responsibilities of the Strategist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop relationships with, and understand the needs of, key clients
- Design consumer research/approaches to meet client needs
- Conduct qualitative fieldwork, including face-to-face and online interviewing and moderating; ethnographic observation and interviewing.
- Draw insights and conceptual themes from data
- Express complex insights and conceptual themes in clear, compelling stories
- Provide clear and concise written analysis of insights and conceptual themes
- Provide clear in-person presentations of analysis
- Develop new, creative methods and approaches
- Comfortable with frequent travel
- 4-year degree
- 5 or more years marketing experience
- Experience designing and managing consumer insights projects
- Experience conducting face-to-face and online qualitative fieldwork (i.e. moderating, interviewing, observation)
- Experience writing reports of insights and recommendations (Must provide samples)
- Experience writing brand strategy documents, such as creative briefs, positioning statements or brand architecture descriptions. (Must provide samples).
- 8 or more years marketing experience
- Experience as an Advertising Agency Account Planner
- Fields of study: Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Marketing, Advertising, Integrated Communications.
- Experience creating reports and presentations in PowerPoint
- Experience using Excel or other software for data analysis
- Advanced degree
What Sets RealityCheck Apart
RealityCheck is more than a qualitative consumer research firm. We’re a global partnership of experienced creative facilitators, human-to-brand translators, strategic conceptual analysts, and storytellers…all in one. Our experience allows us to provide the kind of insightful clarity and strategic direction that can transform businesses and brands.
We are a virtual organization with no central office. Our network of consultants, partner companies and support staff are stretched across the globe – from San Francisco to Kentucky to London to Shanghai… and almost everywhere in between. When you work with us you can live where you want.
We encourage and reward creativity. We do interesting work for curious clients. Our team is empathetic, supportive, passionate and warm. And we have fun together, getting together several times a year to share ideas, stretch our minds, and enjoy each other’s company. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
Please send all inquiries to:
The Oliver Group